Pages

August 9, 2010

Pound Cake

poundcake2

I took Pound Cake to my cousin's birthday bbq last weekend.  Next to my mini-cheesecakes, it's my most requested dessert.  I usually bake it in a 9x13 inch pan and then cut it into equal squares (1.5 in.x 1.5 in) and place them in white muffin cups.  I get about 36 servings this way.  It's convenient at party time, not having to worry about slicing the cake.

I have had this recipe for years now.  I'm not sure where I got the recipe, but it's been my go to Pound Cake recipe forever.

Pound Cake
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
6 eggs, room temp.
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 9x13 in. pan.
Combine dry ingredients.  Beat butter and shortening at medium speed.  Gradually add sugar.  Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.  Alternately add flour mix and milk to sugar batter, ending with flour.  Stir in vanilla. Pour into cake pan.
Check after 30 mins. Use toothpick test to check. I usually bake it between 30 and 40 mins in a 9x13 inch pan.  A 10 inch round pan takes about 1hr. 15mins. Let cool 5-10 mins. and remove from pan.

Enjoy!

pound cake1


Linked To:

5 comments:

  1. I love pound cake! and use pound cakes a lot in my cake decorating business. This looks like a good one. I'll have to try it! I'd love it if you stopped by Topsy Turvy Tuesdays! http://imtopsyturvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashlee...Thanks I stopped over to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays...greta blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YUMMMM! This sounds deeeslish! I am excited to be your newest follower and love having new friends! I'm hosting a link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I'd love to invite you to join in the fun with your creations!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Terrell....Thanks. I will definitely check out FrouFrouDecor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! I'm so glad you came by! I'll try your recipe next time I make pound cake!

    ReplyDelete