Pages

March 7, 2011

Easy Cookies 'n Cream Cupcakes

P3017565

Every Tuesday night is Family Night here at Sapphire Ridge. Each member of the family takes turns choosing the movie to watch and games to be played. I however, am always responsible for dinner and dessert. Sometimes requests are made, and other times, I just figure something out.


Usually Family Night is hectic for me in the kitchen. Mainly because I never plan ahead and I always end up cooking something time consuming. We haven't had dessert in a while so I wanted something quick and easy to make. I came across a recipe for Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes when I went blog surfing the other day.


EASY COOKIES AND CREAM CUPCAKES by How To Eat A Cupcake
MAKES 24

30 chocolate cream sandwich wafers (like Oreos)
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.

2. Separate the top and bottom wafers. Place one wafer, icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. Set them aside. Keep a few whole cookies aside to garnish.  Place the remaining wafers in a large, closed zip-lock bag and crush them by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Set these crumbs aside.

3. Place the cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 1 1/2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed. Measure out 1 cup of the crushed wafers and fold these into the batter until well incorporated.  Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cup­cake cup, filling it three quarters of the way full. (You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes) Place the pans in the oven.

4. Bake the cupcakes until they are lightly golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
P3017564-1

I used a recipe for a whipped buttercream frosting, but I had problems getting it to whip properly.  I put it in the fridge for half an hour and rewhipped it. Then it become light and fluffy.

Linked to:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple
Making The World Cuter
Craftomaniac
Blue Cricket Designs

4 comments:

  1. :'( I miss you guyss sooo much. I miss family nights. I miss being with you all. I miss your cooking and baking! :( *sigh. I'm terribly homesick.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the cupcakes look awesome BTW! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cupcakes look sooo good! I have to put my birthday cupcakes request in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm-ummmm! I love Cookies N Cream!! My fave!! I see you enjoy baking!!! Whipped buttercream...hmm! Got that recipe to share? I really like how the frosting turned out to be! Looks very nice!!
    Can you share? Please comment at my blog, I appreciate it!!

    Yaneri
    www.sweetbakesofmine.com

    ReplyDelete