Pages

September 23, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week…
My week started with me wondering where the weekend had gone and ended with me wondering why the week had gone by so quickly. 

In our homeschool this week…
Science was fun this week as we focused on atoms bonding to make molecules.  I found some great videos on youtube and our experiment included using marshmallows.  I ate too many marshmallows. :-(

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Met with a great group of homeschoolers to start the school year off and got to see familiar and new faces. 

What’s not working for us…
I tried using an online language Arts Curriculum that was literature based and realized that it wasn’t working for us. I prefer straightforward topics, not Unit Studies.

Things I'm working on…
Using the planner that I made up. I still don’t write anything down on paper, and “It’s all in my head” thing isn’t working.

I’m reading…
Nothing at the moment…but "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" movie (click to see trailer) is coming out soon.  I got the trilogy for Christmas and haven’t gotten past Chapter 1.

I’m grateful for…
My husband who has started to pitch in with the dishes. Now that our official dishwasher (teenage daughter) has gone off to college, we share the responsibility. 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share… 



1 comment:

  1. Did you see the movie Dolphin Tale this weekend? I wrote a review about it. We loved it!

    Stopping by from HMJ.

    Hope you can come visit me. :-)

    ReplyDelete