Pages

April 24, 2012

Cookie Love!




I love to bake. Cakes, cupcakes, anything, but right now, I love baking cookies.
So this week, I'll be sharing my three favourite cookies! 


My friend just requested this recipe yesterday after I gave her some Oatmeal Raisin Cookies last week.
I originally found the recipe on Allrecipes.com  but I had to do a little tweaking.   You can have soft and chewy (my fave) or crispy. The texture really depends on how long you leave them in for.


OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup butter, softened
1/2 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 Cups quick oats
1 Cup raisins 

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In large bowl or mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. I usually soak my raisins in warm water for a few minutes to plump them up before I add them.  Make sure to drain/ squeeze excess water.  If soaking raisins, batter may be a bit sticky, no worries, use as usual.
Bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment