May 7, 2012

Election Day Bahamas 2012

It's Election day here in the Bahamas.  The day we decide which political party will lead our country for the next five years.  I won't go into detail about our electoral process except to say that parts of it make me feel as if I am living in a 3rd World country namely this:

Yes we still use indelible ink. And as I always do, I push my thumb all the way in and end up with a blackrot  looking thumb for the next week.  But it's a love/hate thing though.  I like it because I am proud that I voted and MAYBE my vote made a difference.  I think about others around the globe who do not have the same right that I have and I am grateful.
My country isn't perfect, but it is my home.  My heart will always belong here. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!