Pages

June 8, 2010

Banana Pancakes


My father would make the best pancakes from scratch.  They were perfect every time.  I had always tried to replicate his recipe but without success. 
A few years ago I discovered a pancake mix recipe that has come very close to my father's recipe.  As a result, I haven't bought a box mix in years.

My Husband and son love banana pancakes. Growing up banana pancakes were a treat. You can add banana, blueberries, chocolate chips, cinnamon anything you like to this and they'll still be great.

Pancake mix adapted from Allrecipes:

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tbls. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
2 Tbls. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups of milk
2 overripe bananas mashed

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.  Combine wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry. You may add more milk depending on how thick/thin you like your pancakes. Mix until just combined.  You should still see a few lumps, however this recipe is very forgiving. (At this point I make a few pancakes for my daughter.  She prefers them plain.) Add mashed bananas and mix until combined. 

Skillet should be hot.  I actually cook my pancakes in melted butter, I love the flavor.  Pam or oil can also be used.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment